Dr. Alfred D. Harvey Jr.
Dr. Alfred D. Harvey Jr. founded Grow 2 Go Christian Center (G2GCC; formerly St. Louis Christian Center) on January 7, 1994. He was given the vision for the church on August 14, 1983, while flying from Los Angeles to New York to assist with Dr. Frederick K.C. Price’s Ever Increasing Faith Ministries crusade. While high over the city of St. Louis, Dr. Harvey heard God speak these words to his spirit: “You will have a large church in St. Louis.” It had never occurred to him to relocate there. Dr. Harvey was surprised to hear that promise from the Lord. He arrived in the St. Louis area in December 1993, and has yet to look back.
True to the promise, since its beginning, G2GCC has grown steadily in both location and membership. In 1998, G2GCC purchased a 30-plus acre parcel with a 28,000 square-foot building containing a 1,500-seat sanctuary, administrative offices, and conference area, and a secondary 10,000 square-foot building to house its children’s services and special activities. A 17,000 square-foot expansion was added to the main building in 2001 to provide for more offices, classrooms, larger nursery facilities, a larger bookstore, and an 800-seat multipurpose room.
G2GCC currently has three main services a week, including one Sunday morning service and midweek day and evening Bible Studies; three fellowships; nine intercessory prayer sessions a week; and several spiritual growth classes that are scheduled throughout the year. The focal point of the ministry is its “Go! Ministry” where members go into the local areas on a monthly basis to reach out to a lost and dying world as Jesus did.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Dr. Harvey received his spiritual training from Apostle Frederick K.C. Price, founder and pastor of Crenshaw Christian Center (CCC). As a member of CCC for more than 16 years, Dr. Harvey served faithfully in the following positions: Executive Board member, counselor, counselor trainer, choir member, assistant youth director, youth worker, youth teacher, usher, vice president for special affairs with the Men’s Fellowship, advisor to the street witnessing team, advisor to the intercessory prayer group, Dean of Student Affairs with the Ministry Training Institute, and instructor in the School of Ministry. Dr. Harvey currently serves on the board of the Fellowship of International Christian Word of Faith Ministries.
A retired police officer with more than 25 years of service, Dr. Harvey left the Los Angeles Police Department in 1991 to enter full-time ministry. His call was to teach those who had a desire to study God’s Word more intensively. He served in this capacity until God summoned him to follow the promise and establish a Word church in St. Louis, teaching and preaching the full-counsel of God according to the Holy Bible, with a vision of reaching the lost.
Dr. Harvey and his wife, Stephanie, have three children and three grandchildren, and currently reside in the St. Louis area.
WE CREATE THE ATMOSPHERE WHERE PEOPLE CAN GROW SPIRITUALLY SO
THAT THEY CAN GO AND CHANGE THE WORLD
Because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, we endeavor as a ministry to create the proper atmosphere that will enhance the Word of God going forth to change lives. Because the main goal at G2GCC is the spiritual development of everyone who comes through our doors, we are constantly focusing on the minute details of every aspect of the ministry in order to maximize our atmosphere.
Everyone in our local body has a part to play in the development and maintenance of not only the proper atmosphere here during our services, but also within the Body of Christ in general. Just as God spoke the atmosphere into existence (Genesis 1:6-7), as a ministry (with the help of the Holy Spirit), we seek to create the proper atmosphere in our church, in our workplace, in our relationships, and in every aspect of our lives.
1. We Believe And Teach That There Is A Triune God – God The Father, God The Son, And God The Holy Spirit: Matthew 3:16-17; Romans 1:20
2. We Believe And Teach That Jesus Christ Is True God And True Man: John 1:1-2, 14; 1 Timothy 2:5
3. We Believe And Teach That The Holy Spirit Is A Divine Person: John 14:16-17, 26; John 16:7-15
4. We Believe And Teach That “All” Scripture Is Given By Inspiration Of God: 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21
5. We Believe And Teach That All Have Sinned And Come Short Of The Glory Of God And Are In Need Of Salvation: Romans 3:23; Galatians 3:22
6. We Believe And Teach That Salvation Has Been Provided Through Jesus Christ For All Men: Acts 4:12; Romans 10:9-10
7. We Believe And Teach That It Is The Will Of God That Every Believer Be Filled With The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking With Other Tongues: Acts 1:8; Acts 2:4
8. We Believe And Teach That Healing Is Provided In The Redemptive Work Of Christ And Is Available To Every Believer: Matthew 10:1; Mark 16:18
9. We Believe And Teach That The Church Consists Of All Those Who Have Received Jesus Christ As Their Personal Savior: Matthew 16:18; Hebrews 12:23
10. We Believe And Teach That There Shall Be A Bodily Resurrection Of The Just And Unjust: Acts 24:15; John 5:28-30
11. We Believe In And Teach The Personal, Visible Imminent Return Of Jesus Christ: Acts 1:11; John 14:3
12. We Believe And Teach Concerning Water Baptism And Observance Of The Lord’s Supper: Acts 8:36-38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-31
13. We Believe And Teach That Prosperity Is A Biblical Principle For God’s People: 3 John 2; Psalm 35:27
14. We Believe And Teach That Faith (Trust in God And Acting On The Word) Is Required To Please God: Hebrews 11:6; Romans 1:16-17
15. We Believe And Teach That Prayer Is Necessary To Develop A Personal Intimate Relationship With God “And” The Avenue By Which We Receive Everything From God: Luke 18:1; Hebrews 4:16
16. We Believe And Teach That Giving Is Required By God To Bless His People Financially: Tithes And Offerings (Malachi 3:8-12), Giving To The Poor (Proverbs 19:17), And Sowing Into “Your” Man Of God’s Life (Galatians 6:6 Amplified)
17. We Believe And Teach That Regular And Consistent Church Attendance Is Necessary To Develop Spiritual Consistency:
A. Sunday: Hebrews 10:25; Acts 2:42
B. Bible Study: 2 Timothy 2:15; Acts 17:11
C. Intercessory Prayer: 1 Timothy 2:1-3; Romans 8:26-27
D. Fellowships: 1 John 1:7; Colossians 1:9
18. We Believe And Teach That Serving In The Local Church Is A Commandment By God To Exercise Your Gifts: Luke 1:74-75; Colossians 3:23-24
19. We Believe And Teach That There Is A Literal Heaven And A Literal Hell And Access Is Obtained By Choice Not Chance:
A. Heaven: Psalm 11:4; Acts 14:15
B. Hell: Psalm 9:17; Revelation 1:18
20. We Believe And Teach That Every Believer Has A Commandment From God To Seek And Save The Lost As Jesus Did Because It Is Not His Will That Any Should Perish, But that All Come To Repentance: 2 Peter 3:9; Luke 19:10; Mark 16:15